Dental Porcelain Veneers
Repair Chipped Teeth or a Cracked Tooth with Cosmetic Dentistry Porcelain Veneers
Dental porcelain veneers are very thin, translucent ceramic shells that are applied to the surface of teeth to cover imperfections such as discoloration, staining, dullness and to repair chipped or cracked teeth. They are also very effective in correcting unevenly aligned or widely-spaced teeth.
Since every cosmetic dentistry porcelain veneer is custom-designed, it requires the skill gained from many years of practice – and that’s what I bring to the table.
Cosmetic Dentistry Porcelain Veneers are Beautiful and Effective
Dental porcelain veneers can create sparklingly beautiful, natural-looking smiles and are a frequently requested cosmetic dentistry procedure in my practice.
Porcelain Veneers can be very effective to correct these imperfections:
- To repair a chipped tooth, cracked teeth and dullness: As we age, our teeth can develop chips and cracks become very dull. Porcelain laminate veneers can actually protect teeth from further damage or even decay and can bring back the lustrous look of young, healthy teeth.
- Discoloration: If you have stained teeth from many years of smoking or drinking coffee or tea, porcelain veneers are a great way to restore your youthful smile.
- Tetracycline Stains: Many people were treated with Tetracycline, a popular antibiotic in the 60’s and 70’s. They often ended up with grayish stains that penetrate the entire tooth, making traditional whitening methods ineffective. Cosmetic porcelain veneers are an ideal way to correct this problem.
- Uneven or Abnormal Spacing: If you have unevenly spaced teeth or wide spaces between your teeth, dental porcelain veneers offer a safe and effective way to fill-in those gaps and create a much more attractive smile.
- Unevenly Shaped Teeth: Porcelain veneers are particularly effective for people who have unevenly shaped teeth from nighttime grinding. Although veneers won’t correct the grinding problem, a more attractive mouth is always welcome.
Are Cosmetic Dentistry Porcelain Veneers For You?
If you would like to explore the option of dental porcelain veneers the first step is to set up a consultation.
- During this first meeting, we will discuss why you are interested in dental veneers, what you want your new smile to look like, and the details of your life and lifestyle. If we determine that porcelain laminate veneers for your teeth are the way to go, then we will schedule an appointment to begin the procedure.
- During your next visit, I will carefully remove a tiny layer of enamel from each tooth to create a surface on which to place the veneers. While your permanent porcelain veneers are being crafted to my specifications at a dental lab, you will wear temporary veneers for protection.
- When your permanent veneers are ready, you will return to my office for the final step: placing the veneer. Because dental porcelain veneers are so thin, they often require little or no reshaping after being adhered. But at my office, no veneer will be bonded into place without your approval.
Take Care of Your Dental Porcelain Veneers
To help repair chipped teeth or a cracked tooth, cosmetic dentistry porcelain veneers are very strong, but they require the same care as your own natural teeth such as regular brushing and flossing and seeing the dentist regularly.
For more information on whether porcelain laminate veneers are a good choice for you, call our Manhattan dental practice at 212-685-3040 for a consultation today.